Its interesting how names can stick to you without too much effort. All it takes is for a few people to call you by a new nickname and suddenly it spreads like a wildfire, soon people you don’t know are calling you, Corey Graham 2.0. I am not complaining, I am loving it after all its me that coined Corey Graham 2.0!!! lol….
I want to take the time to publicly describe Why 2.0? Its about time, many of you have been asking since I launched Corey Graham 2.0 in November of 2007 – check it out here on my D’Journey blog. It has most certainly been a Journey thus far!
Well then, here goes. One day I was in the most beautiful West Indian garden, filled with hibiscus of every colour and crotons. The form of the hibiscus dancing in the wind ignited in my soul the inspiration to become 2.0. I wished it was that poetic!!!! It didn’t really happen like that, maybe next time!
The 2.0 primarily relates to web 2.0, along with a general desire to take my life and career to the next level.
2.0 the Social Footprint
I know that a few of have grasped that my becoming 2.0 means that I have my social footprint/ online presence in order. You can find me with a profile on all the major social networks where “de caribbean massive” congregate….
Corey Graham 2.0 Online PresenceAdd Corey Graham 2.0 On Ur Social Networks
It does not end of it though. That was just the first stage, social networking. My life is much more integrated with Web 2.0 technologies than just my social footprint. Being a part of social networks leads to one of 3 things – personal branding, networking or marketing.
However I use all these new web 2.0 technologies to do sooooo much more-
- Project management – Using basecamp from 37signals.com
- Contact management – Using plaxo.com and HighriseHQ from 37signals.com
- Mindmapping – Mindmeister.com – very good for you strategic thinkers out there. find out more about mindmapping here
- Note taking – IdeaMatrix from RexWireless.com wireless sync with blackberry, backpackit from 37signals.com
- Sharing photos – that’s easy – facebook.com, flickr.com, google web albums etc
- Photo editing – Using a mini photoshop online – http://www.splashup.com/ not you can import photos from facebook and other photo sharing sites
- Running a mini desktop – atoola.com
- Document handling – google documents – 2 or more persons can work on a document simultaneously
- Group Calendering – google calendar – accessing facebook events from in my calendar and sharing event calendars with several people e.g. events to cover
- RSS feeds readers, viigo and google reader
And still more are coming.
Many of the services I use are online and accessible via my browser. When I sign on to a pc, I generally have 2 types of programs open.
- a browser – usually firefox and flock
- instant messenger programs – msn, google talk and skype mainly
The best part about this that that I am not tied to an particular pc. At a minute’s notice I can switch to another once it has a decent internet connection. I might only be tied to a particular pc if I am doing production work in terms of editing photos or video.
Now that is why I call myself Corey Graham 2.0!
P.S. I have to thank the John Jantsh form DuctTapeMarketing.com whose marketing advice has formed the foundation of the 2.0 crusade. He says make sure your marketing is consistent and unifor and to take some time each day to do some small piece of marketing, and it will add up. It certianly has over the past few months. Thanks John!