Spice & Co Rehearsal 2 – Photography By Alwyn Kirk
This podcast is the recording of the press conference of one of the biggest bands to ever come out of the Barbados and the Caribbean. Their signature hit "Bump & Wine in de Congaline" is known far and wide. In this podcast you will learn more about their reunion concert "Alive Again" and you will learn more about Spice and Company's history and their significance to music and culture in Barbados.
It was very eye-opening for me. Here are the 2 statements that really jumped out at me.
"…what spice was reflecting was…that a maturity was coming to the Barbadian Society and the people were begining to accept their own. What Spice was doing, was stretching the boundaries and making them(barbadians) accept themselves."
"when you write the history of barbados music insdustry its not just one chapter its going to have many chapters"
Spice & Co.
27th February 2010
Globe Drive In
One Night only
- There has not been a show in the Drive in for 35 years
- One Big 2 Hour Production … a 1/4 Million Production
- The motivation for getting together after 15 years was to show their children their "past life"
- The band started at Harrison's college
- Its a major audio visual production, they are flying a team out of Canada to help with the production
- They are promising one of the largest Fireworks displays ever in Barbados
- Huge open air party after the concert
- Large 35 ft digital LED Screen